Blogger Layouts

Monday, November 21, 2011

Maternity Photos on a Budget

So, what does one do when one can't really spare the money to document pregnancy, but really wants to look cute like all the other soon-to-be mommies out there?  Rely on one's fantastic older sister to whip out the mother in law's camera and take an insane amount of pictures, of course!

Scarlett, Stella, Cille and I headed to City Park one day to document just what Mommy looked like with Tripp still in her tummy.  Stella and Cille were extremely well-behaved, and it was a gorgeous day (and hot!  Pregnancy and the New Orleans summer...not a good mix!).

I felt a bit out of place.  Public photography is not really my thing, especially if I'm the subject, but I wanted that sweet baby boy to one day see what his mommy looked like, so I sucked it up and allowed about a million pictures.

We narrowed them down to the best of the best, and here they are....


The funny thing about these shots is that Scarlett used me and the columns behind me to block some insane woman, who appeared to be preparing for some sort of sacrifice to some sort of deity.  Oh, the characters in New Orleans.

Isn't my hair just amazing??

I just LOVED this outfit.  It's a pair of tights my sweet sister-in-law gave me in Libya, and the adorable top is of unknown origin.  All I truly know about it is...it came from The Box.


I have no idea what Tripp will look like or who he may grow up to be, but I know that I love him already.


The park was just amazing!  And it's so close and convenient to our home!



Lucky train patrons got to witness some of my photo shoot...


Scarlett decided to get a little creative with some shots.  I think she did a pretty good job...


What double chin??


For an unknown reason, a butterfly paid Tripp a visit.


Stella and I coordinated outfits for our journey...and so we could take this sweet picture together, of course.  Stella can't wait to meet her new cousin!


At the threat of tears, we checked out the muddy waters.


After getting over my shyness, I had a blast with Scarlett and her girls.  Her pictures turned out just perfect...and not only that, but how special that I got to share the experience with my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment